I’ve never aspired to be a gourmet cook. Usually the recipes I reach for are ones that have “easy” in the title.
My little family puts up with a rotation of simple meals without complaint. What a bunch of troopers they are!
But when I was planning the menu for our week of company, I came across an old recipe tucked into my recipe box and I dug it out to try again.
It was delicious!
In fact, I have it from two young women that it tastes almost like something they sampled on their trip to Italy. Oh my. They don’t know how that made my day.
Maybe I could be a gourmet cook after all ….
This frozen cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and easy to make. Plus, it combines three of my favorite foods – coffee, chocolate and cream cheese. Life can’t get much better.
However, I will warn those of you who try to make three of these at one time …. like I did. Be careful when using your Bosch for three recipes. I think I overfilled mine and it had a funny squeak for a while after that. So I’d recommend only doing two recipes of this in your Bosch at one time.
One more fun tidbit about this awesome cheesecake: it requires no baking! Just mix it up, slap it in a pan and throw it in the freezer. Sounds rather violent, doesn’t it? Usually I am ready to head out to my garden by the “slap it in a pan” point.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- Mix together oreos, butter and pecans. Pat into 9 x 13 pan, reserving a few crumbs for the top.
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Set aside.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth. Add coffee mixture, condensed milk and chocolate syrup. Mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour mixture over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.