The kiddos picked our strawberries this morning and we have enough to make a pan of this for Sunday lunch!
However, I couldn’t remember exactly where my recipe was, but I also knew that I had previously posted a recipe for Strawberry Lush here on the Shoe. Voila! Went searching and found it . . . although it was about 3 years old. It even had a picture of somebody’s cute kids on it. Wonder whose they could be and why they had to grow up so fast?
So we are quickly re-posting this recipe since I need to print it off for Sunday lunch tomorrow.
One of our family’s favorites!
Refreshing summer recipe to use up fresh strawberries!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 quarts washed and sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water or strawberry juice
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry jello
- Blend flour and butter together. Pat into 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping. Spread on cooled crust.
- Top with 2 quarts of strawberries.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture to water or juice, then boil until clear.
- Remove from heat and add strawberry jello.
- Pour over strawberries in pan.
- Cool completely.