The first snow is simply the best.
These pictures were taken before school, so we had some sad kiddos when we had to leave.
I love four-year-olds.
Since you are probably stuffed from Thanksgiving yet . . . and only feel like sitting anyway . . . I have a few articles (and podcasts) for you to enjoy!
*Click on the titles to read the full article.
by Elliott Nesch
Quote by the author, Elliott Nesch:
The primitive Church unanimously taught that only a man may put away his wife for sexual immorality, but remarriage was always forbidden to both men and women. They took the words of Jesus very seriously and literally when it came to divorce and remarriage being adultery.
I very much appreciate the author’s stand on divorce and remarriage!
The Price of Contending (podcast)
at Stand Up For The Truth
Often believers are told they are intolerant, unloving and narrow-minded for not going with the flow of an ever-changing culture. Many Bible believing Christians are dismayed by the way they are being rejected by not just the world, but their friends, family members and even those in their church for standing firm on God’s Word as truth.
This link contains an podcast that I have not yet had the time to listen to, but hope to do it this weekend sometime.
by Tim Challies
But there is always one nagging little thought in the back of my mind: Jesus was late. Or was he just on time? He certainly looked late.
Gulp. This one stepped on my toes.
What Is A Discerning Christian? (podcast)
by Spiritual Research Network
* “Christian discernment begins first with salvation in Christ (Hebrews 5:13-15), and then maturing as a believer through the teaching of God’s Word (1 Timothy 4:1-8). As the believer grows one ought to be able to discern between both good and evil, and to separate from spiritual error and false teachings.
Subjects covered in this message include ‘contending for the faith’, patience and kindness, the dangers of redefining biblical terminology, Christian bookstore and book endorsement issues, the danger of pastoral vagueness in not naming the names of false teachers, and confusion in the body of Christ as a result of sharing speaking platforms with known false teachers. Various illustrations include the dangers of redefinition of terms in pseudo-Christian Cults and in the Church, the dangers of yoga, Harry Potter witchcraft, vampirism, bloodlust, Oprah Winfrey and friends (Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, Eric Butterworth, A Course in Miracles,), astrology and the occult, Worldview confusion, false christ’s, false anointed ones, and more.”
* Podcast: What is a Discerning Christian?.mp3 (http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/chrislawson/id/3205060)
* Direct Download: What is a Discerning Christian?.mp3 (http://traffic.libsyn.com/chrislawson/What-is-a-Discerning-Christian-Chris-Lawson.mp3)
* Archive: Chris Lawson Directory (http://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/chrislawson) and the New SRN website audio page (http://www.spiritualresearchnetwork.com/chris-lawson-audio-messages)
Note: I have not yet had the time to listen to this podcast either, but it’s on my schedule. And this website usually has good, Biblical information.
If you missed our Good and Healthy Cooking cookbook giveaway, there is still plenty of time to enter!!
And don’t forget that we are going to be having our own giveaway here at the Shoe – starts next week!!
Enjoy these giveaways, ladies. 🙂 When it rains, it pours.
Creation Ministries International has some great offers this Christmas season!! Click here to view the offers above. I really appreciate ministries like this that stand strong on Biblical issues in a society that mocks them.
Our life is busy right now with the yearly trips to the Canadian border with Christmas packages for Lowell’s mail route. But at least this year I do not have a tiny baby or am in the throes of morning sickness!
- Instead, I get to take my two buddies along . . . and sometimes a coffee too.
If I could bottle up one stage, it would be this one. Everything is still brand-new, innocent, and oh-so-exciting when you’re 1 1/2 and 4 years old!
I’m tucking these moments away in my heart forever . . .
This moment took me completely by surprise! And I believe it took the pilot of the airplane by surprise too.
What’s funny is that only minutes before I’d been studying our Sunday School lesson in Colossians about “setting your affection on things above” – while still living in this world!
As I was “setting my affections higher”, it looks like this ol’ world caught up with me . . .
May you all have a wonderful weekend with friends and family!
Latest posts by Kendra (see all)
- When God Uses Our Own Words . . . In Conviction of Our Hearts - January 17, 2018
- Out of the Darkness Personal Testimony Series - January 15, 2018
- Getting Over Christmas Vacation - January 11, 2018