This might be the last post for a couple weeks. Our first load of June company arrives tomorrow. And we are ready to see them!
My folks will be here for a couple nights, then take off for Oregon. But they return next week, along with my sister’s family and then Lowell’s cousin’s family comes the following week.
Then the following weekend, we also have our annual church campout. Add into that the strawberries that are coming off . . . and we are going to be busy.
I will try to get a June garden post up towards the end of this month.
Just a heads up —
Pre-orders for Silent Grief and the related products close next Monday, June 8.
We will have these pre-orders shipped by the end of this month, with normal orders and shipping times beginning immediately following at Truth in Word Publishing.
A huge thanks to all of you who encouraged us through this whole process!
I’ve got a nice little stash of articles for you this week. In fact, I haven’t even gotten all the way through them yet.
- Here’s what you can do about the persecution of Christians: Stop being a lazy coward — Matt Walsh
- Dr. Oz and Saddleback “Quackery” — Elliot Nesch
- Christians should never offend anyone: Clearing up misconceptions — Jeremy Ham
- Remain or return: Sermon review (divorce and remarriage issue) — Elliot Nesch
- 17 things only someone who’s been to Idaho will understand (beautiful pictures in this one 🙂 but I’m prejudiced)
- Why French kids don’t have ADHD
We have a new addition to our family.
A fuzzy furball we call Joey.
He is fun and so playful! The children have really enjoyed him.
My last week has been spent stuffing my freezer full of “company goodies”.
Can you tell I was getting tired of being in the kitchen at this point? I think I overloaded my Bosch by mixing up 3 whole 9 x 13’s of Frozen Mocha Dessert – all at one time. As I was stuffing it full . . . the conscientious part of my brain reminded me of how I get aggravated when the kids try to carry too many groceries all at once – and then end up smashing the bread or chips or something.
The other part of my brain said I was just breaking my Bosch in real good.
But never mind my brain (it’s a confusing organ anyway). . . I hope my June company will love this dessert because the kids and I sure enjoyed licking out the bowl! Remind me sometime to share the recipe with you all.
That’s it for this week.
Have a great June!
Latest posts by Kendra (see all)
- Turning My Heart To Home - January 29, 2018
- Sledding Time - January 22, 2018
- When God Uses Our Own Words . . . In Conviction of Our Hearts - January 17, 2018